Friday, May 22, 2009

What percent of people should be considered despicable?

I wonder, out of all the people in the world, how many could I rightly despise?

I would consider anyone who has the cowardice to say, in the face of reality, things like "Look on the bright side" or "Since we can't fix it, we'll ignore it" or "Let's play make believe!" to be ASKING to be despised by me.

Yeah, I just finished reading Atlas Shrugged, and what I just said is about consistent with what is expressed in that book, but I decided a LONG time before I knew who the hell Ayn Rand was that if I ever wanted to get what I wanted in life, that I could never ignore its facts. When people asked me about whether the glass is half full or half empty, I would always tell them "Both." I didn't want to have any bias in what I saw or in what I said: no delusions, and no lies.

I'm sure that a lot of people consider ME despicable. Hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. You could despise roughly 98% or so of the population.

    While I agree with the majority of the second paragraph, I tnink you're making a mistake in implying that most people care if you despise them.

    Atlas Shrugged was an amazing book, enough said. And about the glass: it's virtually impossible to get a precise 50:50 ratio in a container of any liquid or solid or any form of matter.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT NAO!